Friday, November 7, 2008

Dog Food by Raechel Ray

Did you know Rachael Ray now has a line of dog food? "Nutrish Premium Dog Food" is conveniently available at Walmart and has pretty good nutritional value. Proceeds from each sale will be donated to support Rachael's Rescue.

The first 2 ingredients in her Beef and Brown Rice flavor are proteins: beef and chicken meal. Generally, grocery store brands have corn as the first ingredient, and therefore don't always offer high nutritional value. (Chicken meal is chicken that has been baked to remove bacteria and water - so chicken meal is denser than say whole chicken.)

It's sold at Walmart (at least my local Walmart) for $15 for a 14 pound bag. It's sold online for $23.59 for a 14 pound bag. Hmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's very cool for a food network "chef" to break out into the dog food world. I think I'm going to check it out for my dog. Thanks!