Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Importance of Exercising your Pet

As spring finally rolls in, my dog loves being outside. Matter of fact, he won't let me do much of anything until I take him for his nightly walk. He looks at me with those big brown eyes, wags his tail and tries to lure me to the door.

Anyway, he is a good walking partner (now that we got the new walking harness). Some days I might not feel like walking, but go anyway because Lucky "talked" me into it. Of course, I always feel better after some exercise.

Exercise if so important for people AND also for pets! It helps prevent obesity - which can reduce life expectancy and increase the chance of diabetes. The emotional/mental lift is also a huge benefit. Stressed out? Go for a walk! It helps me and it will help you.

Oh, you don't have time? Too tired? Just don't feel like it? Just try to go for a 5-10 minute walk each day. You might be surprised at how much you'll like it--and may find yourself out there a little longer each day. I guarantee your dog will love you even more for taking him on a walk!

No comments: